Covid-19 Precautions & Cancellation Policy
Effective June 1, 2020
*** Please check back regularly for changes and updated to the Covid-19 Precautions***
Covid-19: Changes to Clinical Operations:
- The clinic will be operating on limited hours, by appointment only. While appointment booking is still available online, your ARRIVAL TIME will be confirmed on the evening prior to your appointment.
- On the evening prior to your appointment, you will also be called to undergo screening.
- On the day of your appointment, please arrive for your appointment ALONE and ON TIME. Due to the limited space and times available for appointments, there will be no exceptions.
- If arriving early, please wait outside the clinic until your appointment time. No patient, family members or friends, shall wait in the waiting areas.
- Active screening will additionally be performed prior to your appointment.
- If possible, please arrive wearing a clean, reusable cloth mask or a disposable mask and loose clothing. Masks are to be worn throughout the duration of your visit. If you do not have access to a mask, please advise the therapist during your screening call. One will be provided to you prior to your appointment.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands upon arrival and at the completion of your assessment.
- The therapist will be wearing a disposable mask for the entire duration of the assessment. The therapist will additionally don gloves by request only.
- Note: standard cancellation policy still applies. (See Cancellation Policy Below).
Added Clinical Hygiene Measures:
- Additional buffer time has been added to appointments, to avoid traffic in waiting areas and implement additional hygiene measures between appointments
- Surfaces, including examination/treatment tables, desks, equipment, doorknobs, pens, and other surfaces, will be disinfected by Health Canada approved products, prior to and after every patient’s arrival/departure.
- Cash will not be accepted at this time.
- At this time, we are unable to provide heating modalities, pillows or blankets. One set of reusable sheets and/or towels will be used per patient, if applicable, and will be disinfected daily.
Policy on showing up late
At the therapist’s discretion, if you show up late to your appointment, your treatment will be shortened to the time remaining. However, you will be charged for the full treatment time you had booked for.
Policy on not showing up
Should you no-show for your visit, we will charge you for the full amount of the appointment missed. Repeat offenses will result in a discharge from our clinic as a patient, at the therapist’s discretion. If you wish, we will arrange to transfer a copy of your file to another clinic. Alternatively, payment will be requested in advance of appointment.
We ask that if you do need to cancel your appointment, you give at least 24 business hours notice. Weekends do not count as business hours. However, if it is an emergency, we will waive weekend notice, at the therapists discretion.
Notice that is provided in less than a 24 hour window will be treated as a no-show visit. For more details, please refer to the Policy on not showing up.
The clinic and therapists have the right to enforce the above policy as they deem fit. By booking an appointment, you agree to strictly adhere to our Full Cancellation Policy.